Thursday 14 December 2006

Best Site for low limit players

Just thought I would make a post about my favourite resource.
http://www.notedpokerauthority.com/

and get his books here

As a beginning poker player I admired players like Doyle Brunson, Layne Flack, Chris Moneymaker, Dan Harrington and Chris Ferguson.

Although I still admire these players as they must play well I realise that they are not the role model a low (micro) limit player should be following, these are tourney players who have made big scores.

Don't get me wrong, I like all players, want top make that big score and will continue to try, though my primary aim in poker is more humble. I want to make as much money as possible with as little risk as possible.

Now to do that I want to play weak players. There are many types of weak players and I will make a post about the different types I come across at a later date (please remind me).

Now how do I play weak players. I must play in the salt mines of lower limits, and that is where I grind (sounds bad but quite fun honest).

As usual I am rambling and going off topic (slap myself) . This post was about the best site for micro limit players and the reason I rambled the way I did was because you may not have heard of him, but Ed Miller is "the" best writer and best resource for low limit players as he teaches you how to play these weak players.
Don't just take my word for it- read his site - buy his books.
(I get no commission by the way) wish I did.

The great thing about Ed Miller is he also takes the time to answer any questions you have- from should I move up a limit to how did I play this hand.
His answers are always well thought out and written well with strong reasoning.

As I said don't take my word for it read his site ask him questions

BUT also read mine. I may not be as good as him yet but I will tell it how it is tell you how to make money at the microlimits, even Ed focuses on low limits and there are differences.

I will post very soon on this very subject

KEEP reading

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for the great recommendation. I appreciate it. :) Your results look terrific. Congratulations!

Ed

Peter said...

Hi Ed

Thanks for taking the time to look at my site.

I am still amazed you take the time you do to help learners like myself.

If I ever get half as good as you I hope I maintain your humilty

Peter