Wednesday 3 January 2007

Quitting Smoking and Allen Car

This post has nothing to do with Poker

After being congratulated in my new year post by Elaine Vigneault I would like to state that my reasons for quitting smoking were many but the one thing that inspired me to finally do it, was Allen Car dieing.

I have read his book a few times and although I never quit it always made me want to, I guess I always fooled myself that there was plenty of time I am still a young man.

However this man who had been free and healing for over 20 years was struck down with Lung cancer after helping so many others to quit.

I will not pretend that he did it for any other reason but good business sense as I do not know but I do know that millions of people have quit because of him.

In his book it constantly repeats will the next cigarette be the one to kill me, to spark of cancer or some other disease, well it scared me that a man who had been quit for that long had already had that cigarette and I just hope I have not had mine yet.

Anyway any smokers out there who wish to quit or ex smokers who have any advice for me please feel free to leave a comment here-even if you don't play poker.

Peter - Free and Healing for Thirteen Days, 22 Hours and 4 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 1 Day and 22 Hours, by avoiding the use of 557 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me £133.71.I will not smoke again today.


0 comments: