Monday 1 January 2007

New Year

Well a new year is on us.

2006 has been a great year for me.

I left my full time Technical manager job and started IT contract work.
(more money less tax less work)

I started winning at poker and now have an extra (though small) income.

I quit smoking (Yeah)

Anyway my in laws are round for dinner today and my wife has a cold so probably be a really busy day. My father in law wants to play poker later so I will get the cards out. It is really just flip a coin though who wins as it becomes no foldem holdem and it is heads up but fun all the same and not much money involved.

Having spoken to my neighbours at Christmas I found out a few of them play online so may be able to set up a home game, will keep you posted.


Anyway my new year plans for this blog are as follows.

1. Post weekly results at the weekend
2. Post Monthly results.
3. Try to help other beginners who are still at the lose or break even stage of there poker career.
4. Try to learn of others who are willing to post any helpful suggestions or comments.

My poker plans for the year are to keep making a steady profit at the micro levels I may move up but I like the way they play at my level (badly). Also I am determined to get to a big poker event through a satellite at the moment I am aiming for the GBPT , This may just be a pipe dream but I will keep you all posted.

Let me know what your plans for the New Year are, poker related or not, I would love to hear from my readers.

peter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful about that home game - I have heard horror stories where home games are robbed by a bunch of 17 - 19 year old kids. They see poker on TV and think that any place where poker is played there must be big bucks. Also it may be illegal too, I don't know what the laws are in your area...

Peter said...

Hi

I am in Britain and poker is perfectly legal here.

Thanks for the advice and believe me i won't be letting youngsters into the game.

We aren't into prohibition like the americans.

Peter

Elaine Vigneault said...

Congratulations on quitting smoking! That's a very tough thing to do and you should reward yourself every single day for sticking to your commitment to quit. Congrats!

Peter said...

Hi Elaine

Thanks for the encouragement.

I have installed a quitcounter on my computer which can be found here

Quit Counter

It is a great inspiration as at any time I can get the following info out of it.

Peter - Free and Healing for Thirteen Days, 21 Hours and 49 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 1 Day and 22 Hours, by avoiding the use of 556 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me £133.61.